by Klaus Schiess P.E., CEM
Technical Speaker at “Conserving Energy – Using Evaporative Cooling Systems” conference at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- Presentation of “Three-out-of-the Ordinary TES Systems” at the 1987 H.V.A.C. Systems and Building Congress for the West Coast, Anaheim, California. Text published in ENERGY ENGINEERING Aug/Sep Energy Engineering Vol.84, No.5 * 1987
- Member of Expert Panel for TES Seminars organized by Southern California Edison Company, 1986 and 1987.
- Speaker at Energy Seminar for the Navy on “Low Cost/No Cost Energy Conservation Opportunities” in San Diego 1987.
- Presentation of TES Case Study: “McDonnell-Douglas Production Facility” at World Energy Engineering Congress 1989, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Presentation of “Commissioning HVAC Systems; from Design to Reality” at HVAC Solutions Seminar given by San Diego Gas & Electrics, San Diego, Oct. 1990.
- Speaker at Thermal Energy Storage, Commissioning Procedures Workshop presented by San Diego State University Energy Engineering Institute, San Diego, February 1991
- Presentation of “An Overview on Thermal Energy Storage (TES) in the USA” at THERMASTOCK ’91, 5th International Conference on TES, Scheveningen, The Netherlands, 13 – 16 May 1991
- Presentation of Mount Carmel High School TES project: “Case Study of a Combined Thermal Energy Storage and Gas Engine Driven Chiller System to Replace 500 Ton Chiller” at 15th World Energy Engineering Congress 1992, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Presentation of “Thermal Energy Storage the Natural Way” – TESnaturalway at 16th World Energy Engineering Congress 1993, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Presentation of “Commissioning” at 17th World Energy Engineering Congress 1994, Atlanta, Georgia. Text published in “Strategic Planning for Energy and the Environment” Fall 1995. Vol.15, No.2 * 1995
- Presentation of “The Effect of Real Time Pricing (RTP) on TES Systems” at the 11th Annual Cooling Conference of International District Energy Association (IDEA), October 1996, Chicago.
- Presentation of “The Effect of Real Time Pricing (RTP) on TES Systems” at the 19th World Energy Engineering Congress 1996, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Presentation of “Thermal Energy Storage the Natural Way” TESnaturalway District Energy Association IDEA, 88th Annual Conference, San Diego, CA, June 17, 1997.